Over the past year or so I have really gotten into reading blogs… in fact I am just a tad obsessed/crazy stalker addicted to it! I love getting to peep inside other people’s lives and there are so, so, so many amazing, inspirational people out there. I loooove the personal blogs written by everyday women and also all of the ridiculously awesome baking blogs out there! Reading these blogs was what got me motivated to create Bake Play Smile and that in itself has been such a great experience for me and I am very, very grateful for it… even if it’s put me so far out of my nice little comfort zone it’s not even funny! But now that my little baby of a blog has been around for about 3 months and has had over 15,000 views (thank you, thank you, thank you for reading… I love you for it!), I thought it was about time I spread the blogging love and let you know about my favourite blogs that I am insanely addicted to.
1. Retro Mummy – this was the first blog that I started following. There is something so beautiful and endearing about Corrie and her family. She has gorgeous kids and posts yummy recipes! She really makes me want to learn how to sew and knit… if only I had the patience (and skill!).
2. Katie 180 – hehe this is by far one of the funniest blogs I follow! Katie is a nutritionist and mum who is pregnant with her second bub. She is hilarious and I love her practical, honest and straight-forward take on nutrition, food and life in general.
3. Sally’s Baking Addiction – everything this chicky bakes I want to eat… her recipes are so incredibly drool worthy! The only problem with her blog is that she has sooo many amazing recipes, which makes it impossible to choose just one to bake.
4. Brown Eyed Baker – Michelle has a really beautiful blog. She is always posting yummy recipes with gorgeous photos. I am also a bit in love with her golden retriever Einstein, who I think would make a perfect friend for my own golden retriever Shari!
5. Mama Going Solo – I came across Emily’s blog when she nominated me for the Liebster Award a few weeks ago (more about that another day!). She has a really fun way of writing and shares pictures of her gorgeous little girl Pumpkin! So cute!
5. The Imagination Tree – Anna is a primary school teacher in the UK and her blog is all about creative play and learning. Love her clever little education ideas.
6. The First Grade Parade – The brilliant Cara is a teacher in the US and has really great teaching tips. She also has some beautiful printables… like the reading strategy cards I blogged about the other day. How great that there are so many wonderful teachers who are willing to share their resources… the rest of us thank you!
So these are some of my absolute favourite blogs at the moment. There are heaps of others that I love too, but hey, I have to stop somewhere! If you have a blog of your own it would be awesome if you could leave a comment with your details as I would love to check it out (or if you know of a great blog too!). I hope you love all of these blogs as much as I do!