I am the worst New Years Eve resolution maker ever. On a typical New Years Eve I will totally forget about making resolutions and then right before the clock strikes midnight I’ll come up with some rushed, totally-not-thought-out, ridiculous resolution that I could never possibly keep… Like eating less chocolate (as if that was ever going to happen!).
Anyway, I may be over six months late for a New Years resolution, but here are the resolutions that I made while on holidays – better late than never right???
1. Join an exercise group. My current exercise consists purely of walking our dog. That’s it. I’m not a competitive person and I hate gyms… So that limits things a bit! Anyway, this is a bit of an easy resolution because I am starting an 8 week beginners Pilates course this week… Which I have been meaning to do for AGES!!!
2. Enrol in a cake decorating class. As much as I love baking and eating, I have never really focused on decorating the things I make. It’s more a straight out of the oven and into my mouth type of cooking I excel in! Anyway, I would really like to learn a bit more about the art of cake decorating. I may never be Planet Cake quality, but if my icing flowers actually look like flowers, then that will be just fab!
3. Work on my blog more. I could never in a million years have thought this blog would be so important to me and have come so far. I still have to pinch that there are actually people out there reading my everyday ramblings and I am very, very grateful for that! Anyway this blog has become quite my little baby and now I want to nurture it a bit more!
4. Sponsor a child. I’ve always been pretty good at donating to different charities that door knock, the Good Friday Appeal etc, but I’ve never sponsored a child. And given that at the moment I am working full time and have no kids, I really have no excuse not to. Traveling in Vietnam has reminded me of how lucky we are at home and how there are so many people in the world doing it really tough. So sponsoring a child is now up there on my list of resolutions. Just need to look into a reputable group now… World Vision perhaps? I’d love to know if you know of a better aid organisation.
5. Try new things. I’m a bit of an obsessive compulsive person who likes routine and doesn’t tend to go out of my comfort zone too much. Sooo my final resolution is to give new things a go – whether its trying out a few new recipes each week, walking the dog on a different route or visiting somewhere different on the weekend… I pledge to try my very hardest to get outside the box and be a bit more adventurous!
Thanks for listening to my ridiculously late New Years resolutions. To be totally honest, I have put them out there for everyone to see for one important reason… To keep me honest! God knows I probably wouldn’t keep these resolutions any more than my past ones if I was the only one to know about them. But considering they are now on my little baby of a blog, I promise I will try super duper hard to keep them! Do you have any late resolutions? Ill keep you updated on the progress of mine!