Make the perfect Thai Beef Salad with this quick and easy recipe! The perfect flavour-packed midweek dinner (and don’t forget about the yummy leftovers!).
For me, the ultimate Thai Beef Salad is one that is absolutely bursting with fresh vegetables and amazing flavours. And this recipe is all that and so much more! Best of all, it’s really simple and you probably have most of the ingredients hiding in your fridge or pantry already (yep this is the perfect way to use up that tin of bean shoots that have been lurking in the back of your cupboard forever!).
If the weather is nice, then definitely cook the beef rump steak on the BBQ. Not only is it really easy, everything tastes better on a BBQ… everything! If you don’t have a BBQ you can always use a frying pan or griddle pan instead. Cook the beef to your liking. Allow to rest for a few minutes before slicing.
To prepare the salad, grab out a big plater or serving dish. Pop the mixed lettuce leaves on the bottom (I like to use a combination that includes baby spinach and rocket). Next up, chop a punnet of cherry tomatoes in half and sprinkle over the lettuce. Add the finely sliced red onion, chopped capsicum, cucumber and bean shoots.
Then mix up a quick and easy dressing of sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce and lime. Place the sliced beef over the top of the salad and drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle over the crushed peanuts and serve.
This is such a yummy dinner (especially on those hot nights when you don’t really feel like cooking!). If you have a little herb garden at home, then you might like to add in a little fresh coriander and mint for an extra flavour burst.
What are your favourite salads?
- 600g beef rump steak
- 100g mixed lettuce leaves (preferably one including baby spinach leaves)
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- ¾ cup bean shoots (fresh or tinned - washed)
- ½ cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- Lime juice from 1 fresh lime
- Coriander & mint leaves, chopped - optional*
- Preheat a BBQ grill on high.
- Cook the beef rump steak for 2-3 minutes on either side (or until cooked to your liking). Set aside.
- Place the mixed lettuce leaves onto a large serving plate.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes, chopped cucumber, capsicum, finely sliced red onion and bean shoots.
- Add the chopped coriander and mint leaves - *optional.
- Mix the sweet chilli, fish sauce and lime juice together in a small bowl.
- Slice the beef rump steak and place on top of the salad.
- Drizzle over the dressing.
- Sprinkle the peanuts over the top.
- Serve immediately.