If you’re after a perfect lunchbox snack, these Healthy Coco-Pop Bars are exactly what you need! Made with honey, chia seeds & coconut oil….
There’s no denying that I have a massive sweet tooth! I’m a sucker for anything that involves salted caramel or chocolate. And ask me if I’d rather an apple or a Caramello Koala and I may just look at you as though you’ve lost the plot! Unfortunately, my sweet tooth is at total odds with my favourite pair of jeans and so I’m always on the lookout for treats that will satisfy my sweet tooth but without all the calories!
These ‘Healthy Coco-Pop Bars’ fit the bill perfectly! They taste like you’re eating a really naughty treat, when in actual fact you’re gobbling down on chia seeds, cacao powder and other deliciously healthy things.
If you’re after a healthier alternative to store-bought LCM bars and sugar-filled muesli bars, then these are perfect. They also take less than 5 minutes to make and are completely no-bake…. love, love, love that!
- ¾ cup honey (or 1 cup rice malt syrup)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 4 cups rice bubbles (or any puffed rice)
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- Melt honey and coconut oil together in the microwave or over low heat in a saucepan.
- Meanwhile, place the rice bubbles, chia seeds, coconut and cacao powder into a large bowl.
- Pour over the melted liquid and mixed together really well.
- Place the mixture into a lined 20cm square cake tin and press down well (I like to use a round glass and roll it over the mixture to really press it down extra hard).
- Place the tin into the fridge and leave for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Take out of the fridge and cut into bars.
- Store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge.