This Roasted Pumpkin, Caramelised Onion & Feta Tart with puff pastry and rosemary is the perfect weekend lunch… or lazy mid-week dinner. A total fave at our house!
Hey, guess what!!?? I have a savoury recipe for you today. I know, I know. I’m just as shocked! I promise that we don’t only eat cake and cookies at our house. We really don’t. It’s just that I don’t LOVE cooking savoury things like I do sweet things. But we do actually eat some proper meals around here. I promise.
This Roasted Pumpkin, Caramelised Onion & Feta Tart is definitely a fave at our house. I love it because it’s quick and easy. Dave loves it because it is really yum. That’s pretty much how we roll around here… simple dinners that taste good!
To make this tart all you’ll need to do is line a tart tin (loose-bottomed is best) with puff pastry sheets – I use two and trim the edges). Then it’s just a matter of adding some roast pumpkin (we usually have this tart the night after a roast with the leftover pumpkin… I’m a bit lazy like that!). Add in some good chunks of feta – as much or as little as you like. I like a LOT. Whip up a quick eggy mix and pour it over the top. Add some good dollops of caramelised onion (store-bought it fine… who the heck has time to make their own during the week!!??) and pop a few sprigs of rosemary on the top. The rosemary is totally optional but it’s super yum!
Bake in the oven until the pastry is nice and crispy and the egg has set. Serve on it’s own or with a simple salad or vegetables. Seriously yum.
Oh and if you like the sound of this, check out my Simple 6 Ingredient Egg & Bacon Pie (it’s one of the most popular recipes on the blog… and for good reason!).
Are you a fan of quick and easy dinners too? xx
- 2 sheets of defrosted puff pastry
- 150g roasted pumpkin, chopped
- 80g feta cheese, crumbled into chunks
- 4 eggs
- 100g milk (or cream)
- sea salt and pepper, to season
- 4 tsp caramelised onion
- fresh rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Place the puff pastry sheets over a loose bottomed tart tin and trim the edges.
- Place the roasted pumpkin chunks and feta cheese onto the pastry.
- Add the eggs, milk, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix until well combined (if using a Thermomix, mix on Speed 4 for 20 seconds).
- Pour the egg mixture over top of the pumpkin and feta.
- Swirl through the caramelised onion and sprinkle over the fresh rosemary (optional).
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.