This light, fresh and simple Ricotta, Asparagus & Prosciutto Tart is absolutely bursting with flavour!
On a hot summer night there is nothing better than a really lovely, fresh and light dinner – and that’s exactly what this Ricotta, Asparagus & Prosciutto Tart is! It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and you’ll be nibbling away in under half an hour. Easy peasy!
There’s no mucking around with making dough and waiting for it to rise… nope, a sheet of good old puff pastry will do the trick for this yummy tart. You simply slice a puff pastry sheet in half, score the edges, prick it with a fork, and then pop it into the oven until lightly golden.
Then it’s simply a matter of spreading over some ricotta cheese and blanched asparagus spears and popping it back into the oven until heated through. Top with prosciutto, rocket and grated parmesan cheese for a perfectly fresh finish.
Actually, I think that’s what I love the most about this tart – the contrast between the crispy baked pastry against the super fresh topping. It’s almost like a pizza… but way, WAY healthier!!
See! How simple is that. Quick, easy and deliciously light!
What are your go-to dinners during summer?
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch asparagus spears
- 2 handfuls rocket
- 50g prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 20g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius (slightly lower if using fan-forced).
- Slice the puff pastry sheet in half so that you have two rectangles.
- Use a knife to carefully score a line approximately 2cm from each of the outside edges (but don't cut all the way through).
- Prick the pastry sheets with a fork and place into a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the ricotta cheese, lemon juice and salt and pepper into a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Blanch the asparagus spears for 2 minutes in boiling water and then drain immediately (if using large asparagus spears, you may need to blanch for 3 minutes - but be careful not to overcook).
- Remove the puff pastry sheets from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Spread the ricotta mixture over the middle of the pastry sheets (up to the scored lines).
- Place the asparagus spears on top of the ricotta mixture.
- Cook in the oven for a further 5-10 minutes or until the ricotta is heated through.
- Add the rocket to the tarts and sprinkle over small pieces of prosciutto (I just tear the slices into pieces by hand).
- Finely grate the parmesan cheese over the top and serve with lemon wedges immediately.