I am the first to admit that most of the time I post recipes on here they are of the chocolate-laden, caramel-smothered, sweet-deliciousness variety. However, and this may surprise you… I am actually generally a really healthy eater! I just love to have a yummy treat every now and then. Most days though, I’m pretty good with sticking to a healthy diet and steering clear of those amazingly decadent foods that my tastebuds love so much, but that also make my bum grow dramatically just by looking at them!
Each morning I have a fresh juice with my breakfast. And no, I’m not talking the sugar filled supermarket juice – although I agree they are yum, you may as well be drinking a can of soft drink for breakfast, given all of the added sugar in them. Mind you, there are now some great supermarket options that are made purely of fruit and vegetables (such as the ‘Nothing but’… varieties). But no, I’m talking about fresh juice out of a juicer!
I started having juices with my breakfast because I was finding that I just wasn’t eating my recommended 5-7 serves of vegetables each day, no matter how hard I tried. I mean that is seriously A LOT of vegetables. I swear I would need to pack a mini esky full of vegetables to take to work each day just to meet that quota! I’m sure some nutritional nuts would have no trouble getting their vegie intake, but that’s just not me and I really struggled! So having a fruit and vegetable juice each morning, makes this a much more realistic goal for me!
So here are my Top 5 favourite juice combinations:
1. My fave: carrot, beetroot, orange and ginger – this is my absolutely favourite juice combo. Love, love, love it!
2. Green juice: green apple, celery, kale or baby spinach, ginger and a splash of lemon. Super refreshing in the morning.
3. Tropical juice: pineapple, orange, pear, carrot and beetroot. Looks just like a tropical sunset.
4. Berrylicious juice – strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, apple and pineapple. Beautiful drink, especially in the warmer weather.
5. Refresher juice – watermelon, raspberries, strawberries and orange. Light and delicious!