This perfect Mars Bar Slice recipe is so simple and works out perfectly every single time. Conventional and Thermomix instructions included.
I’m not the kind of girl that will walk into a supermarket and buy a Mars Bar to eat (not that there is anything wrong with that, I just usually choose a Turkish Delight instead). Add to that the fact that I never really eat a bowl of Rice Bubbles for breaky (I’m more a muesli girl). However, I do NOT stick my nose up at eating Mars Bar slice. No way!
So what is it about Mars Bar Slice that makes it sooooo darn good?
A) You don’t need many ingredients – which is great for people like me who even when armed with a grocery shopping list still somehow manage to forget things!
B) It’s super fast to make – perfect for when you have other important things to do like cook dinner, fold washing… and watch Revenge on TV.
C) You don’t even need to turn on the oven (which means you can spend your electricity bill savings on shoes).
D) It’s so easy that you could virtually make it with your eyes closed – go on, try it… I dare you!
If you’ve never tried to make Mars Bar Slice before, you have no idea what you’re missing out on… AMAZING!!!
Funnily enough I saw Mars Bar slice on sale at a cafe on the weekend and it was $4.50 for one piece! Two pieces would have paid for the ingredients to make a whole slice. Crazy stuff!!! And anyway, everything tastes better when it’s homemade, don’t you think?
Mars Bar Slice
- 3 cups rice bubbles or any puffed rice
- 3 X 52g Mars Bars chopped
- 75 g butter
- 1 tsp golden syrup
- 200 g milk chocolate melts
Melt butter, two of the Mars Bars and golden syrup on low heat in a saucepan.
Mix until smooth.
Stir in the rice bubbles and the third Mars Bar (chopped).
Press mixture firmly into a greased, baking paper lined 20cm square cake pan.
Place in refrigerator until firm.
Place chocolate pieces in a heatproof bowl.
Microwave on medium for 3 minutes, or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon.
Stir until smooth.
Spread over slice and refrigerate until firm.
Remove slice from the refrigerator about 1 hour before cutting into squares with a warm knife.
Makes 16 slices.
Mars Bar Slice Thermomix Instructions:
- Grease and line a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper.
- Place 2 of the Mars Bars, butter and golden syrup into the TM bowl.
- Melt on 60 degrees, Speed 2 for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice bubbles and the remaining Mars Bar.
- Mix on Reverse Speed 2 for 15 seconds or until completely combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tin and place into the fridge.
- Place the chocolate melts into a clean TM bowl.
- Melt on 50 degrees, Speed 3 for 2-3 minutes (scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally).
- Pour the melted chocolate over the slice and place back into the fridge to set.
- Cut into slices.