My no-bake Malteser Slice takes only 10 minutes to prepare… and tastes AMAZING! This is sure to become a favourite at first bite!
I’m pretty sure there is an unspoken rule that if the same recipe turns up on your Facebook newsfeed more than 5 times in a day then you have to give it a go yourself… well at least that’s why I ended up making this Malteser Slice anyway!
I am a massive Malteser fan… like really massive. Everyone eats Maltesers differently. Some people like to chew the chocolate off first. Others like to eat them whole. Me? Well I like to suck them until the crispy bit on the inside goes soft and then eat them. Is that too much information??
It’s a super easy, no-bake slice… which was a good thing considering I decided to make it on a 40 degree day. Thank god for air conditioning, otherwise I would have had very melted Maltesers.
By placing the Maltesers face down in the chocolate, it will ensure that they stay nice and crispy. You could pop them on to the Malteser Slice however you like, but I liked mine in lines…. but that’s because I like everything to be nice, straight and even. Do not even try moving one of my Maltesers out of it’s straight line!!
A little note of warning… this Malteser Slice is super rich so you only need a small(ish) bit. I cut mine into pretty massive squares first and then had to cut all of those pieces in half because it was so freakin’ feeling!!!
Anyway, this recipe lived up to it’s Facebook glory. Mind you, I think anything that has a whole, huge bag of Maltesers in it is going to taste pretty awesome – there’s probably not much baking skill involved in making it taste good!
If you love Maltesers then definitely give this a go 🙂
The conventional and Thermomix instructions are included below! xxx
- 250g pkt plain sweet biscuits (like Marie)
- 2 cups rice bubbles
- 125g butter
- 395g tin condensed milk
- 2 tbs cocoa
- 185g pkt maltesers, cut in half (I used a 280g bag - but that's just because I knew I'd eat them as I cooked!!)
- 200g white chocolate
- 1 tbs coconut oil (or copha) melted *optional
- Line a 22cm X 32cm rectangular baking tray with baking paper.
- Crush biscuits in a food processor.
- Pour biscuits into a large bowl along with the rice bubbles & ¾ cup halved maltesers.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add butter, condensed milk & cocoa. Whisk until melted together & smooth. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour over dry ingredients & mix until combined.
- Press firmly into tray.
- Break white chocolate into a bowl & heat in microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring each time until smooth.
- Pour over slice.
- Press remaining maltesers into the chocolate.
- *Please note that by pressing the Maltesers face down into the chocolate they will stay crunchy.
- Tips: to keep your white chocolate glossy & stop it from cracking, add 1 tbspn melted copha or coconut oil to the melted chocolate prior to pouring onto slice.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Malteser Slice Thermomix Instructions:
1. Line a 22cm X 32cm rectangular baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the biscuits into the TM bowl and crush on Speed 8 for 10 seconds and then set aside.
3. Place the butter, condensed milk and cocoa into the TM bowl and melt on Speed 2, 50 degrees for 3 minutes (or until completely melted).
4. Add the crushed biscuits, rice bubbles and 3/4 cup of halved maltesers.
5. Mix on Reverse Speed 3 for 15 seconds or until completely combined.
6. Press firmly into tray.
7. Break the white chocolate into the TM bowl and melt on Speed 2, 50 degrees for 3 minutes.
8. Pour melted chocolate over the slice.
9. Press remaining maltesers into the chocolate.
*Please note that by pressing the Maltesers face down into the chocolate they will stay crunchy.
10. Refrigerate until set and cut into slices.
Tips: to keep your white chocolate glossy & stop it from cracking, add 1 tbspn melted coconut oil or copha to the melted chocolate prior to pouring onto slice.
Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.