Welcome to Fabulous Foodie Fridays – a place where you can be inspired by recipes from fantastic food bloggers across the world. Each week we have so many amazing recipes that get linked up and it’s an impossible job to choose our favourite 5. This week was especially difficult!
My first pick are these delicious little Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Milo Balls from Basil & Chook. So many of my favourite things in some little bite. (PS. Have you ever tried Milo sprinkled over vanilla ice cream? It’s so good!).
With summer in full swing (unless you live in Melbourne in which case you could be forgiven for being very confused about what season it is), there seems like no better time to make a Lemon Iced Tea from Barbie Bieber and Beyond. I’m going on holidays very soon and I can definitely see myself sipping a few of these while laying on the beach!
Pop over and check out Lauren’s fave picks too.
For this weeks feature recipe I thought it would be nice to healthify (is that a word??… well it is now!) one of my favourite treats. I’ve been known to have a slight addiction to choc tops at the movies, and you can be pretty much guaranteed to find a box of Drumsticks in my freezer at any time! Unfortunately, my ice cream habit can only continue for so long before it decides to find a place on my hips. So, I’ve been experimenting with lots of yummy and healthy ice cream recipes lately and have come up with a few favourites.
One of these delicious little flavour combinations is my Healthy Strawberry Ice Cream. It has only 3 ingredients – frozen strawberries (obviously), frozen banana (to make it really creamy) and a tiny bit of yoghurt (to help it mix together easier).
I made my ice cream in the Thermomix, but a blender or even a food processor would work just as well. All you do is add your frozen strawberries and banana, pop in 2 tablespoons of yoghurt and blend together. The longer you blend, the smoother your ice cream will become (but don’t blend for too long or it will melt!).
This is best eaten straight away (trust me, you’ll be wanting to wolf it down anyway!). You can store it in an airtight container in the fridge, but it will go a little icy due to the fact that it has no preservatives or additives. If you’re like me and get distracted by a phone call in the all-important time between blending and eating, you can just pop it into the freezer for a 10-15 minutes or until it’s hardened up again (oops!).
So that’s it – a healthy ice cream that’s going to get me through summer (along with the occasional choc top and Drumstick of course!).
Healthy Strawberry Ice Cream - Fabulous Foodie Fridays #36
- 2 frozen bananas cut into large chunks
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 tbs vanilla yoghurt . you could also use berry yoghurt
Place the frozen bananas, strawberries and yoghurt into a blender, Thermomix or food processor.
Blend on high until you have a smooth consistency.
Lauren from Create Bake Make & Lucy from Bake Play Smile have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!