This Easy Easter Rocky Road is filled with marshmallow eggs, mini Cadbury creme eggs, crispy M&M speckled eggs and raspberry lollies!
How brilliant is Easter! Seriously, any holiday that makes it acceptable to eat chocolate for an entire day, is totally ok by me. And if you’re anything like me, you’ve probably been dragging the whole eating Easter eggs thing out for weeks (coughs.. months) now. What on earth is it that makes Easter chocolate taste so good? Sorry, I’m getting sidetracked! Anyway, I thought it was time to put all of the delicious Easter chocolates that are somehow making their way into my house, together into one amazingly easy rocky road recipe. This rocky road has chopped up marshmallow eggs, crispy speckled M&M eggs, mini Cadbury creme eggs, lolly raspberries, and of course, plenty of yummy chocolate to coat all of the goodies with.
The trick to a really good rocky road is to make sure you use plenty of melted chocolate. I love to pack my rocky road full of yummy add-ins, but if you don’t have the right chocolate-to-yummy-goodies ratio going on, it kinda all falls apart in one big mess! This rocky road has the perfect balance of delicious little bits and pieces and melted chocolate. OMG it’s good.
In this version I used crispy M&M speckled eggs, but you could easily replace these with normal M&Ms or anything you like! Same goes with the Cadbury creme eggs – if you’re not a fan, simply swap them for caramel filled eggs, Turkish Delight eggs or any other filled egg you like! Just make sure you use the mini eggs, as the larger ones will get all runny and gooey. On that note, if you live somewhere hot, then you might want to pop your filled eggs into the fridge prior to making the rocky road. This will make sure they don’t melt when you mix them through the chocolate. I also used marshmallow Easter eggs, but if you want to save a little bit of money, plain marshmallows will work beautifully too.
Now this Easy Easter Rocky Road makes the yummiest little pressie for friends and family over Easter (if you can bear the thought of parting with it), but it’s also a fantastic way to use up all of the chocolate you find yourself with after Easter. A couple of years ago, my nephews were staying with us for Easter and once the Easter bunny had come, we had SO much chocolate in the house… it was ridiculous! So we made a huge batch of rocky road and used most of it up. Perfect!! I honestly think that’s the only time I’ve ever thought that we had too much chocolate in the house (so you can imagine how much there was!).
If you’re a little chocoholic like me, you are going to LOVE this rocky road.. I pinky promise!!
For long-lasting deliciousness, store this Easy Easter Rocky Road in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- 500g dark chocolate (milk and white can also be used)
- 20g coconut oil (optional - it makes the chocolate easier to work with)
- 6 marshmallow eggs, chopped into quarters
- 6 mini Cadbury creme eggs
- 250g crispy M&M speckled eggs (reserve ½ cup for sprinkling over the top)
- 150g raspberry lollies
- Line the base and sides of a 16.5 X 26cm lamington pan with baking paper, letting the sides overhang.
- Chop the marshmallow eggs into quarters.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil into a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl and heat, uncovered, on medium (50% power), stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, for 3-4 minutes or until the chocolate and coconut oil has just melted (you can also use a double boiler on the stove).
- Remove from the microwave and stir until smooth.
- Stir through the crispy M&Ms speckled eggs, marshmallow eggs, mini Cadbury creme eggs and raspberry lollies.
- Working quickly, spread the mixture into the prepared lamington pan and sprinkle with the remaining crispy M&M speckled eggs.
- Place into the fridge for 2 hours or until completely set.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into slices.
Follow the conventional instructions but with the following changes:
1. Grate the chocolate on Speed 9 for 10 seconds.
2. Scrape down the sides.
3. Add the coconut oil and melt for 3-4 minutes, 50 degrees, Speed 3.
4. Add the marshmallow eggs, crispy M&M speckled eggs, mini Cadbury creme eggs and lolly raspberries and mix on Reverse, Speed 2 for 10 seconds or until completely combined.
5. Working quickly, spread the mixture into the prepared lamington pan and sprinkle with the remaining crispy M&M speckled eggs.
6. Place into the fridge for 2 hours or until completely set.
7. Use a sharp knife to cut into slices.