Quick and easy bruschetta wonton cups made with fresh tomato, red onion, basil, feta and a balsamic glaze – they really are the perfect party food!
Well hello there! I’m a bit excited today (well more excited than usual!), because this is the first time I’ve done a recipe video for the blog. And to be honest, it was actually really fun. I wanted to do a video for this recipe to show just how incredible quick and easy these bruschetta wonton cups really are. Seriously easy!
Wonton cups are my ultimate party food secret. They are so versatile and you can use them for both sweet and savoury recipes. They’re even easier than using puff pastry PLUS they don’t go soggy. Nope, they stay deliciously crispy for ages (in fact, you can store them in an airtight container in the cupboard for a few days and they’ll be just as crispy as when they came out of the oven – perfect for prepping ahead of time!).
So to make these deliciously easy bruschetta wonton cups, you simply press 12 wonton wrappers (that you can buy from the refrigerated section of the supermarket), into a standard sized muffin tray. Spray them with a little oil and pop them in the oven for approximately 10-12 minutes or until crispy and golden.
While they’re cooking, whip up a really simple filling using fresh tomatoes (remove the seeds), chopped basil and red onion. Mix all those yummy things together in a bowl and set aside.
Take the wonton cups out of the oven and place a heaped spoonful of mixture into each cup. Top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and crumble over a little feta.
Now how easy is that for the perfect party food?! I much prefer these cups to traditional bruschetta as they stay deliciously crispy and they’re the ideal bite sized treat.
Make these for your next summer BBQ, lazy weekend lunch or even as a yummy party appetiser. Trust me, you won’t believe how easy these bruschetta bites are!!
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped (remove the seeds)
- 6 basil leaves, chopped finely
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- sea salt and cracked pepper, to season
- 30ml balsamic glaze
- 100g soft feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Press a wonton wrapper into each hole of a standard sized muffin tin.
- Spray with cooking oil and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, mix the chopped tomatoes, basil and red onion in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a heaped spoonful of mixture into each of the cooked wonton cups.
- Drizzle over a little balsamic glaze and crumble over the feta.
- Serve immediately.