This Crunchy Homemade Almond, Cranberry & Coconut Oil Granola is so delicious! Store in an airtight container for up to a month!
I cannot believe it’s taken me this long to share my favourite granola recipe with you! I love this stuff! I’m not even exaggerating when I say it’s one of the best darn things you’ll ever eat for breakfast. This Crunchy Homemade Almond, Cranberry & Coconut Oil Granola is the bomb! It’s about a zillion times better that the granola clusters you can buy at the supermarket (and way cheaper too!). It will last up to a month in an airtight container in the fridge… so make a big batch on the weekend and you’ll be eating deliciously crunchy granola bites all week.
I tell you – my love for this Crunchy Homemade Almond, Cranberry & Coconut Oil Granola runs deep! It takes about 10 minutes to prepare (which is nothing!!) and makes heaps. Love, love, love that. You know when you go to a trendy cafe and order granola? Well this is just like that (but way better because you’ve made it yourself!).
To make the granola you melt coconut oil, brown sugar and honey together. Add in some cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract (this is what is going to make your tastebuds sing with a delicious sweet and ever-so-slightly salty combo). OMG it’s amazing. Mix that amazing little liquid together with rolled oats and chopped almonds and you have a match made in granola heaven.
Partway through cooking, I like to add in some dried cranberries. You can use any dried fruit you like or leave it out completely – totally up to you.
Oh and if you’re not a fan of coconut oil, don’t be put off! You can’t taste it at all. My husband doesn’t really like coconut oil and yet I make this all the time and he’s never, ever noticed (well, until he reads this post, that is!). You can replace the coconut oil with butter if you like, but I find that using coconut oil with give you the best crunch!
It’s really important to give your Crunchy Homemade Almond, Cranberry & Coconut Oil Granola a good stir every 10 minutes while it’s cooking – this will ensure it cooks evenly. You’ll know your granola is ready when it’s just started to look slightly golden (not brown!!). At this stage your granola won’t look or feel like delicious little crunchy clusters… nope that magic will happen while it cools. Once it has cooled completely, break the granola into clusters.
You can go the traditional (and super yummy) way and have a bowl of granola with milk and fresh fruit. Or you can take things up a notch and make a granola, berry and yoghurt parfait (see I told you… who needs a trendy little cafe when you can make your own fancy breakfast at home!).
Looking for more yummy breakfast inspiration? Why not make your own Vanilla Berry Chia Pods? Or perhaps a plate of French Toast with Berry Compote? Or my very favourite Smashed Avocado, Feta, Mint & Lemon on Ciabatta! Mmmm… so much breakfast-y goodness!
- 1 cup almonds
- ⅓ cup (70g when melted) melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup (65g) packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (85g) honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 4 cups (360g) rolled oats (not instant oats!)
- ½ cup dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Grease and line a 30X20cm slice tray with baking paper.
- Chop almonds roughly and place into a large bowl.
- Add the rolled oats to the almonds and set aside.
- Place the coconut oil and honey into a microwavable safe bowl.
- Heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the brown sugar and stir to combine.
- Heat for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the cinnamon, salt and vanilla and stir.
- Pour the liquid over the rolled oats and almonds and stir to combine.
- Place the granola mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- During the cooking time, remove the mixture every 10 minutes and stir well.
- With 5 minutes cooking time remaining, add the dried cranberries and stir to combine.
- Remove the granola from the oven and set aside to cool completely. As it sets, it will harden up.
- Break the granola into clusters.
- The granola can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.
Crunchy Homemade Almond, Cranberry & Coconut Oil Granola
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius.
2. Grease and line a 30X20cm slice tray with baking paper.
3. Place the almonds into the TM bowl and press Turbo 3 times. Remove the almonds and set aside in a separate bowl.
4. Add the melted coconut oil, brown sugar and honey to the TM bowl and mix for 2 minutes, Speed 2, 100 degrees.
5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat for a further 2 minutes, Speed 2, 100 degrees.
6. Add the salt, cinnamon, almonds and rolled oats and mix for 20-30 seconds on Reverse, Speed 2.
7. Place the granola mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
8. During the cooking time, remove the mixture every 10 minutes and stir well.
9. With 5 minutes cooking time remaining, add the dried cranberries and stir to combine.
10. Remove the granola from the oven and set aside to cool completely. As it sets, it will harden up.
11. Break the granola into clusters.
*The granola can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.