This Clinkers Rocky Road really is the only rocky road recipe you’ll ever need! It’s made from milk chocolate, raspberry lollies, marshmallows and Clinkers… and it will be ready in 10 minutes!!
Rocky road is an absolute lifesaver when you need a last-minute dessert or foodie gift! It takes no time at all to make, plus it tastes amazing. This Clinkers Rocky Road is the best thing ever… it has all the usual yummy rocky road ingredients, but with the addition of Clinkers (because Clinkers make everything SO much better!).
For this particular recipe, I didn’t add in any nuts. However, you can definitely add in some roasted peanuts, almonds or macadamias if you like – just make sure you cut down slightly on the Clinkers and raspberries.
The trick to a really, really good rocky road is the perfect chocolate to add-ins ratio. If you don’t have enough melted chocolate, it all just falls apart. And if you have too much chocolate, you don’t get all of the yumminess of the add-ins! This is the perfect ratio – just enough chocolate to cover everything perfectly, but not too over the top.
Last year for Christmas I made a wreath out of Clinkers rocky road for our table centrepiece. It was AWESOME and since then, I’ve been whipping up batches of Clinkers rocky road whenever I can. It really is the quickest and easiest thing ever!
And so, this year my plan is to make lots of batches of Clinkers rocky road as gifts for friends and family – it’s so easy to just pop the pieces into a cellophane bag and tie with a really cute ribbon. The perfect (and most delicious) little gift ever.
- 500g milk chocolate melts (or dark)
- 30g coconut oil (optional)
- 250g Clinkers - cut in half
- 100g marshmallows
- 200g raspberry lollies
- Line the base and sides of a 18 x 28cm rectangular slice tray with baking paper.
- Chop the Clinkers in half and set aside.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil into a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat, uncovered, on 50% power, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, for 4-5 minutes or until the chocolate and coconut oil melts (if using a Thermomix, melt on 80 degrees, Speed 2 for 3-4 minutes).
- Remove from the microwave and stir until smooth.
- Stir through the Clinkers, marshmallows and raspberry lollies.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking tray and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until completely set.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into slices (if you are having trouble cutting the slice, run your knife under hot water and then dry completely before cutting - the heat will help to cut the slice evenly).