These quick & easy no-bake White Chocolate, Coconut & Apricot Balls are the perfect little treat! Plus they take less than 10 minutes!
When I was in primary school, I used to buy little apricot and coconut bites from the ‘tuck-shop’ (aka the canteen!) on a Friday at recess time. Not every Friday though! Nope, back then, being able to go and buy something from the tuck-shop was a super special thing. You know, like a once or twice a term thing. But boy did I love those little bites (oh and also the Jupiter Caramel Bars… does anyone remember those!?). Anyway, I decided that I would make something similar to the apricot bites… but better.
And so, I made a batch of these Easy No-Bake White Chocolate, Coconut & Apricot Balls. OMG… amazing I tell you! They have that same delicious apricot and coconut taste from the good old tuck-shop days, but they also have a beautiful crunch from the white chocolate. This would have to be one of my favourite flavour combinations ever. Actually, I used those exact same flavours in my Oaty Apricot Bars too!
Now if you’re looking for a recipe that is a perfect little lunchbox filler, then this is just what you need. It’s also a great one for getting kids involved in the kitchen. Because, it’s no-bake, there’s no need to worry about teeny, tiny hands getting burnt. And we all know how much kids love sticking their hands into the mixture and rolling them into balls. Whatever you do though, keep a few balls aside for yourself – you’ll be kicking yourself if you don’t!
These White Chocolate, Coconut & Apricot Balls make a great little change from the traditional Rum Balls (or chocolate coconut balls… whatever you like to call them). They’ve got a yummy little zesty bite and when you add that to the sweet white chocolate, mmm it’s like heaven!
These balls will take you 10 minutes to whip up and you can eat them straight away (which is of course, totally fabulous). But, they get even better when you leave them in the fridge for a few hours. Plus, they’ll taste just as amazing over the next few days. It’s like all of the flavours smooch (hmmm not sure if that’s technically the right word!) together to make the most completely delicious little balls.
Were you a fan of Jupiter Bars and apricot bites at your school canteen too? Or did you have a different favourite treat (Sunny Boys and Big Bosses anyone?).
- 200g dried apricots
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 200g (half a can) sweetened condensed milk
- 100g desiccated coconut (plus extra for rolling)
- Place the dried apricots into a food processor or Thermomix.
- Mix on Turbo Speed for 5-10 seconds or until you have fine chunks (you can mix it for less time if you'd like bigger chunks).
- Add the white chocolate chips and press Turbo 2-3 times or until the chocolate has been slightly chopped (but still a little chunky).
- Add the condensed milk and coconut and mix together for 5-10 seconds on low speed until completely combined.
- The mixture should easily roll into tablespoon-sized balls (wet your hands first to make this easier).
- If the mixture is slightly too soft, add a little more coconut.
- Roll the balls in the extra coconut.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.