I’ve been writing my blog for a few months now but it’s only just occurred to me that I have never really introduced myself to you! So here are some random bits and pieces about me…
1. I have a secret addiction to trashy magazines and TV shows. Give me an OK magazine, a box of Malteasers, a few episodes of Keeping Up With The Kardashians and I am like a pig in mud.
2. I’m a Pisces… but I don’t know if that really means anything! According to Google, being a Pisces means that I am compassionate, adaptable, accepting, devoted and imaginative (ahhh no!). Apparently, I’m also oversensitive, indecisive, self-pitying, lazy and escapist. Well I definitely wouldn’t say I’m lazy but I am possibly the most indecisive person in the world!!
3. I have the attention span of an ant… oooh did someone say cake??
4. I’m actually a really private person! That may sound strange considering I have a blog where my life is sort of out there for public consumption, but starting Bake Play Smile totally took me out of my comfort zone. And while I share little bits about myself on here, I don’t want to bore you to death…I’d much rather keep you entertained with cupcake recipes instead!
5. In general I’m a pretty happy chappy… I think that being surrounded by good friends and family (and a great husband!), yummy food and wine = a happy life!
6. Many of you may know that I am a primary school teacher. What most of you don’t know is that I also completed a makeup artistry course when I was in high school… hahahaha yep I had no idea what I wanted to do and thought that make up artistry seemed like a great job (until I did the course and realised that no, that was not my calling!).
7. My husband and I were teenage sweethearts and have been together for over ten years. We went to school together but didn’t start ‘dating’ until after he had finished Year 12. We used to catch the same school bus home, but had no idea at the time that the other one even existed!
8. I am a bit obsessive compulsive. I only like even numbers and I can’t stand the TV or radio volume being on an odd number – if it is, I HAVE to change it.
9. I am a neat freak. A total neat freak I tell you!!! As in, I am such a freak that I get super stressed if things are messy or disorganised. I can’t function unless things are exactly how and where they should be… am I starting to sound a little crazy???
10. If I had to choose my last meal on earth I would totally have cheesecake, or maybe a mint choc-top, actually maybe a homemade pizza, nah I think I would go with a yummy creamy prosciutto pasta, or maybe, maybe …… yep you can see my indecisiveness in action here!
So now you know a little bit more about me. I really hope my obsessive compulsive traits, neat freak personality and utter indecisiveness haven’t led you to place me in the loony bin! Feel free to introduce yourself in the comments below… strange facts totally accepted!